FC: Teamsters reportedly prepared to endorse TIPS informant plan

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 10:08:44 PDT

    The person who sent this to us is a Washington reporter I know and trust.
    Previous Politech message: http://www.politechbot.com/p-03799.html

    The Teamsters union (http://www.teamster.org/about/division.htm) is
    composed of millions of workers, including flight attendants, pilots,
    parking attendants, construction workers, truck drivers, mechanics,
    manufacturing workers, police, city bus drivers, local government clerks,
    convention workers, hotel workers, zookeepers, and so on.

    That's a lot of potential informants.

    I invite the Teamsters to reply. Also note that a Washington Times report
    in June (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020614-90235042.htm) pointed
    to Hoffa's warm relationship with Bush. Though I should note that according
    to a news report in May, the Teamsters were not rushing to endorse
    Operation TIPS:
    http://www.progressive.org/May%202002/berk0502.html