FC: NPR's Larry Abramson on inconsistencies in Salon TIPS article

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 21:04:06 PDT

    "Salon on TIPS informant program and America's Most Wanted"

    From: Larry Abramson <LAbramsonat_private>
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: RE: Salon on TIPS informant program and America's Most Wanted
    Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:23:19 -0400

    Declan: I don't know whether anyone else has looked into this, but I did.
    America's Most Wanted says, this never happened, that the Salon account is
    completely wrong.  And according to DOJ, the TIPS program is still a concept
    awaiting Congressional approval (which is probably not forthcoming.  So
    there's no actual phone number to call, not yet.

    Larry Abramson
    Technology Correspondent, National Public Radio
    202.513.2439
    202.744.1532 (cell)
    labramsonat_private

    ---