FC: Pentagon .mil computer reportedly being used for porn spam

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 20:59:19 PDT

    Previous Politech messages:

    "Military frets about sensitive .mil info on Internet"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03875.html

    and

    "John Gilmore on military hypocrisy about .mil info online"

    Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:37:18 -0700
    To: declanat_private
    From: "Brian W. Antoine" <briana@nas-kan.org>
    Subject: Re: FC: Military frets about sensitive .mil info on Internet

    At 11:41 PM 8/11/02, you wrote:
     >I'm surprised the article didn't complain about John Young's efforts:
     >http://cryptome.org/naic-eyeball.htm

       We're talking about our military?  Our military trying to secure what
    information is available on their computers?  Our military that can't
    run a secure computer no matter how hard they try?

       Here is yet another porn spam I received within the last week, get a
    load of the system it was relayed through, using a web server exploit that
    has been well documented for at least a year ...