FC: Two examples of political spam, and why not to trust politicians

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 20:29:27 PDT

    A perhaps-timely excerpt from my column that appeared Monday, saying we
    should trust technology instead of politicians to stop spam:

    http://news.com.com/2010-1074-957024.html
    >Politicians, always cunning about keeping their options open, have
    >exempted themselves from all existing and proposed anti-spam laws. The
    >Democratic Party has been caught spamming, as has Bill Jones, the recent
    >unsuccessful Republican candidate for governor of California. [...]

    Previous Politech messages:

    "Bulk, unsolicited political email isn't spam -- right?"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03203.html

    "Confirmed: Calif. gov wannabe Bill Jones is a recidivist spammer"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03200.html

    "Did Florida's Jeb Bush spam voters by using Democratic mail list?"