FC: Internet Archive replies to Scientology, DMCA open letter

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 22:18:37 PDT

    Jeff unofficially does some public relations work for the Internet Archive.
    Previous Politech message:

    "An open letter to the Internet Archive on Scientology and the DMCA"

    From: "Jeff Ubois" <jeffat_private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declanat_private>
    Subject: RE: An open letter to the Internet Archive on Scientology and
    the  DMCA
    Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:05:52 -0700

    Declan,

    Thank you for making some constructive suggestions.  There are some very
    promising ideas in open letter below, and these will take some time as well
    as help from others to explore more fully.  The error message/default "page
    deleted" text was actually changed yesterday, and your fifth suggestion
    below has been the point of the Archive all along.  Please note, I don't
    have an official role with the Archive, but I do collaborate with folks
    there pretty frequently, and I know that finding workable solutions to these
    issues is a serious concern.

    Best,
    Jeff