FC: Are Archive.org, Google delisting other Scientology critics?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 22:38:20 PDT

    "An open letter to the Internet Archive on Scientology and the DMCA"

    From: Dave_Touretzkyat_private
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: they blocked my ENTIRE web site
    Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:33:14 -0400

    ARCHIVE.ORG has blocked my entire web site: all of www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst
    [cmu.edu].  My home page.  My list of professional publications.  My
    research project web pages.  The Gallery of CSS Descramblers.
    Tutorial pages, Lisp book, everything I've written.

    I don't exist. I've never existed. I've been erased from Internet
    history.

    All because I dared to have some anti-Scientology material on my web
    site.

    ARCHIVE.ORG boasts a relationship with the Lbrary of Congress and with
    the National Science Foundation. I wonder if they are receiving any
    government funding.  Surely it is impermissible to do the bidding of
    an abusive cult, at the expense of honest citizens, while taking
    government money?

    -- Dave Touretzky

    ---