FC: Testifying at FTC hearing on Tuesday on electronic commerce

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:49:58 PDT

    The Federal Trade Commission has kindly invited me to testify tomorrow at a
    three-day workshop on barriers to electronic commerce. I'm on a panel with
    some pretty smart folks -- including lawyers from eBay and Amazon.com -- so
    I'm not sure what I'll be able to add. (Besides, the FTC's own staff has
    done a good job of describing what states have been doing to get in the
    way.) But I'll give it my best shot. Here's the info:
    http://www.ftc.gov/opp/ecommerce/anticompetitive/agenda.htm

    I have not heard that the event, which lasts three days, will be webcast.
    I'll send out my prepared statement tomorrow.

    Recent House hearing:
    http://energycommerce.house.gov/107/hearings/09262002Hearing732/hearing.htm