FC: SpamCop reportedly backs down, removes Politech from blacklist?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 22:35:01 PST

    I thank Duncan for his note, and invite SpamCop to confirm. If SpamCop has
    reverted back to its original policy of blacklisting only spammers at the
    lowest level of reasonable granularity -- an IP address -- that seems
    encouraging. But SpamCop's FAQ still says it blacklists entire /24 networks
    merely to punish a few miscreants, so it's unclear what's going on:
    http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/297.html

    Also, thanks to Ed Felten's blog (freedom-to-tinker.com), here's an item
    about Amy Wohl's Opinions newsletter being blacklisted because it's (gasp!)
    hosted at Verio:
    http://amywohl.weblogger.com/2002/10/31

    BTW I've been asked what Internet providers offer SpamAssassin filtering
    with a POP account. I don't know of a comprehensive list, but I do know the
    Well does.