FC: Biometric technologies and their problems, from German magazine c't

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 11:45:08 PST

    I was fortunate to be invited to speak Tuesday in New York City about
    biometrics and privacy. The two-day conference was organized by the U.S.
    Department of Justice, the Bureau of Justice Statistics, and SEARCH (The
    National Consortium for Justice Information and Statistics):
    http://www.search.org/conferences/2002_biometrics/announce.asp

    When I was preparing my presentation, I came across a May 2002 article from
    the German computer magazine c't that exposed many flaws in off-the-shelf
    biometric technologies. I highly recommend it. A summary from the UK crypto
    mailing list is below.