FC: John Ashcroft's unintentional definition of irony

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 12:45:24 PST

    Here's something I wrote on Ashcroft's privacy stance when he was appointed:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-01607.html

    It's tempting to over-simplify and say he was great then and awful now, but
    Ashcroft's record in Congress was hardly spectacular:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-01114.html

    Also remember that Bill Clinton and Janet Reno were around in the late
    1990s -- which is one big reason then-senator Ashcroft was railing against
    the Justice Department.