FC: A criticism of John Gilmore's suit over secret FAA rules

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 17:26:42 PST

    [If a private entity like McCullagh's Bus Lines wants to deny someone
    service or request ID for security reasons, and the government did not
    order or influence my decision, I should have the right to do so. And if
    you don't like my decision, feel free to patronize a competitor. If I am
    too unreasonable, my business will fail; if I am sensible, it will prosper.
    The problem comes when the government hands down secret laws, which is what
    we're dealing with here. So I think Stephen is wrong: Airlines no longer
    have the right to "set their own house rules." Previous message:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-04312.html --Declan]

    ---