FC: No jail for Purdy, mystery Italian grabs washingtonpostjesus.com

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 20:56:36 PST

    Background on Washington Post etc. vs. Purdy:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=purdy

    Without taking a position on the merits of their claims, it seems to me
    that the attorneys for the Washington Post and the other plaintiffs have
    placed themselves in a difficult position. They've spent hundreds of
    thousands of dollars of their clients' money and, in doing so, have
    successfully spawned (according to Bill's story below) Bill Purdy
    imitators. I don't share Bill's views on either abortion or the Washington
    Post Co. -- but I suspect there are plenty of people on the planet with
    access to domain name registrars who do.

    For the record, lest the Wilmer attorneys subscribed to Politech get
    subpoena-happy: I do not know the identity of the mysterious (apparently
    Italian) domain name bandit. Naturally if I did know that person's identity
    and had agreed to keep his or her identity confidential, I would not
    divulge it.