FC: Ernst Zundel reportedly deported to Canada, still in jail

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 18:16:37 PST

    Previous Politech messgae:

    Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:31:29 -0800
    From: Ingrid Rimland <irimlandat_private>
    Subject: //Free Ernst Zundel//

    To all -

    I'll make this brief.  Ernst called me today from Canada at noon, very
    briefly, and told me that he was in Canada and had asked for political
    asylum.  He asked me to call some friends to bring him some money since he
    was not allowed to have anything with him when he was arrested, and I was
    not allowed to see him while he was in detension here, except once, as you
    all know.
    He stayed in the Batavia Detention Center briefly, but how he got across
    the border - if he was taken, or if he was allowed to go by himself, I do
    not know.  He is now in detention again, in a small town closer to Toronto,
    and I have been told by a mainstream reporter who is rather fold of Ernst
    that the Jews want to charge him all over again - chances are, for MY
    website, the very website they couldn't shut down for five years!
    Are they now going to hold my husband as ransom in exchange for my
    Zundelsite?  This is an American website.  The Canadian Holocaust Lobby has
    no business messing with America's free speech, after they have so
    shamefully forced censorship laws onto Canadians - and then, to add insult
    to injury, asked the Canadian taxpayers to foot the bill to boot.
    I have no idea where this is going to end.

    I am talking to some important people and will fill you in when the time is
    right.  I have always wondered if our enemies would take the risk of
    deporting Ernst to Germany, what with the pending Spiegel trial.  If they
    do that, I believe that in Germany something will give.  Too many people
    are informed.  I know of at least two planned demonstrations before
    American Embassies.
    Meanwhile, somebody shot out a big window in one of our buildings where we
    planned to hold our first art exhibit and community meeting, and damaged a
    second pane.  I called the police who took a report and promised they would
    patrol our area.   I am angry but calm.  Believe me I am calm.

    The Canadian media went wild again, as they always do when they think they
    smell prey.  I stuck to my guns and told them I no longer would cooperate
    with hostile media.  Mark Weber of the Institute for Historical Reviews
    fielded most calls.
    Here is his report:

    [START]

    Dear Ingrid,

    Thanks for your patience today, in spite of the turmoil. What a day this
    has been for Ernst and you!

    To re-confirm what I told about my activities for Ernst:

    A television crew based in Los Angeles visited our office this afternoon
    to conduct two interviews with me for broadcast on Canada's CTV network.
    The first, conducted by Matt Cowan, is to be aired tonight on the 11:00
    p.m. CTV news. The second, conducted (by someone named Seamus?), was
    handled by speakerphone, but video-recorded, and is to air tomorrow
    morning on "Canada a.m."

    These two interviews went well, I think.

    Today I also conducted interviews with Mary Vallis of the National Post,
    Tom Godfrey of the Toronto Sun, and Antony Steward (of CBC radio?).

    Mark

    [END]

    I am tentatively planning a press conference for Friday.  We will not be
    intimidated.  We know that we have truth on our side.

    Ingrid

    P.S. Four people on this list were trying to be helpful with bond and told
    me that they were on standby.  One of these angels contacted me and told me
    that he needed to replace a check.  I expected bond and cashed the first
    check.  Please advise what to do with the second.