FC: eBay bends over backwards to hand users' personal info to police

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 19:23:27 PST

    [I hope this article is inaccurate and eBay will respond to set the record
    straight. Perhaps Tod, who's their senior policy counsel here in
    Washington, can tell us if eBay is rethinking its apparent cozy
    relationship with law enforcement. Also remember that eBay owns PayPal now.
    Doesn't David Chaum's blind signature systems patent (for anonymous digital
    cash) expire in July 2005? --Declan]

    ---