FC: Politech members from Duke describe Jack Valenti's speech there

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 16:02:09 PST

    As for Valenti talking about Hollings' CBDTPA bill, Valenti is correct to
    say that it has not been reintroduced yet. But in a statement last month
    (http://www.mpaa.org/jack/2003/2003_01_14.htm), Valenti said: "We are not
    prepared to abandon the option of seeking technical protection measures via
    the Congress..." He's parsing his words mighty carefully, don't you think?