FC: SARS: Some background information on the disease

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 07:28:56 PST

    I've been almost entirely offline this week because of CFP and probably
    won't catch up on email until Monday. But here's some information on SARS,
    which we'll cover from time to time on Politech. Basically SARS appears to
    be as infectious as the common cold -- it spreads by airborne droplets or
    those left on surfaces -- except it can kill you.

    Here's the tech perspective:
    "Disease infects business world"
    http://news.com.com/2009-1022-995238.html?tag=fd_lede1_hed

    Note the number of cases yesterday (2,223):
    http://www.who.int/entity/csr/sarscountry/2003_04_02/en

    Compared to a week earlier (1,323):
    http://www.who.int/entity/csr/sarscountry/2003_03_26/en

    And six days before that (306):