FC: Annalee Newitz on state of cyberliberties on U.S. campuses

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 22:19:08 PDT

    Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 20:09:21 -0400
    From: Annalee Newitz <Annaleeat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: electronic privacy on campus

    Hi Declan. Here's an article from CNN about the research I recently
    completed on cyberliberties at the top 50 universities in the United
    States. I have a small article about it in this month's issue of Wired
    magazine. To sum up: nearly every one of these universities has a policy
    stating that if students use the campus network, they will be monitored.

    http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/05/06/hln.wired.cyber.rights/

    And here's me talking about it on CNN Headline news:

    http://www.vmsdigital.com/MyFiles.aspx?Onum=4B0C1437-AC99-4891-8B29-274C317E70B8

    I'd love to see somebody create a wiki where folks could post comments and
    links to the computer use policies at their colleges/universities. Students
    need this as a resource.

    --
    Annalee Newitz
    www.techsploitation.com