FC: Politech administrivia: Email addresses, spamproofing

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 23:02:44 PDT

    Earlier today I missed a request for spam-proofing in the body of a message
    when forwarding that post to Politech. I've apologized to the list member
    for my oversight, and I've removed the email address from the archive.

    I'm getting an increasing number of such reqeusts, and it's worth sending
    out another reminder of the list policy.

    Here's my last reminder, from July 2002:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03663.html
    >If you're sending something to me for posting to Politech and you want to
    >be anonymous (either for personal reasons or for spam-proofing purposes),
    >please remember to type "CONFIDENTIAL" in the Subject: line. I may miss a
    >request for email address deletion if it's in the body of the message.

    Again, if I see a request for spam-proofing in the body of the message, I
    will honor it, but I may miss it so I make no guarantees. So remember to
    put REMOVEEMAIL or CONFIDENTIAL in the Subject: line!

    Also, I'm thinking of ways to spam-proof the Politech archives while making
    the email addresses human-readable. I use mhonarc to run the Politech web
    archive -- is anyone familiar with a script that will do it intelligently,
    perhaps by generating Javascript code? Or I could just write a simple Perl
    regexp to replace the @ sign in email addresses with another string...

    Thanks,
    Declan