FC: Fox News reportedly nastygrams parody "Faux News" site

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 08:10:21 PDT

    To: declanat_private
    From: Earl Hood <earlat_private>
    Subject: Fox sends a cease-and-desist order to site that sells Fox parody site
    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:57:10 -0500

    <http://www.agitproperties.com/cease.htm>

       FOX NEWS ISSUES CEASE-AND-DESIST TO THE AGITPROPERTIES POSSE
       6/20/2003

       It was, apparently, just a matter of time. Our company, Agitproperties
       LLC,  the Austin progressive counter-propagandists responsible
       for the nationally-famous FAUX NEWS Channel, P.N.N. (Pentagon News
       Network) and Bill O'Reilly Hitler Youth Tee-shirts, has been issued
       a cease-and-desist order by FOX NEWS HQ in New York.

       As you know, we have an huge, unavoidable red and white disclaimer
       clearly stating that our tee-shirts are political parodies and we are
       not connected or endorsed by FOX NEWS in any way. It is on every page
       of the site and takes up a quarter of each page.

       Despite these enormous disclaimers, Chris Silvestri, Senior Media
       Council for Fox News, tells us that, "The Fox News Channel is in no
       way affiliated with the Website and, by creating confusion as to the
       relationship between Fox's programs and the Network, you harm the
       goodwill (goodwill??? Ed.) represented by Fox's program."