FC: Lots of replies to antispam blacklists and cable modems

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 23:07:46 PDT

    Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:00:32 -0400
    From: Philo <philoat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: Final Anti-spam blacklists comment

    Declan, I've gotten quite a few replies regarding my blacklist
    comment. While I don't agree with all of them, I wanted to acknowledge
    that they are all well-worded arguments, and some of them have given
    me food for thought.

    While I still don't agree with blacklisting millions of users for the
    abuses of a handful, I will also grant that Comcast has issues which I
    plan to address to them, most notably trying (once again) to get them
    to give their business customers honest static IP's properly
    registered at ARIN.

    Thanks to the Politech community for being a true community and
    offering rational discourse instead of some of the vitriolic anti-spam
    rhetoric I feared.

    --
    Best regards,
      Philo                          mailto:philoat_private

    ---