FC: Pres. candidate Howard Dean will "guest blog" for Larry Lessig

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 07:42:34 PDT

    This may be a truly interesting development, and kudos to Larry for setting
    this up. But of course we have no idea whether Howard Dean will be the
    actual person at the keyboard. Given my experience with politicians (and
    I've worked on a presidential campaign), it's quite likely that a
    tech-savvy staffer will do the typing and Dean may review the text before
    it's posted. I have no personal knowledge of the situation so this is just
    an educated guess, based on the demands on a presidental candidate's time.

    If I'm right, this exercise becomes much less interesting. As Larry says,
    campaigns are all about "meeting different groups and talking about ideas."
    But at least in person, you know who's talking.