FC: More on German Net-anonymity service backdoor, from bugtraq

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 21:05:55 PDT

---

Subject: Re: Popular Net anonymity service back-doored
From: Andreas Kuntzagk <andreas.kuntzagk@mdc-berlin.de>
To: bugtraqat_private
Date: 21 Aug 2003 18:42:08 +0200

Am Don, 2003-08-21 um 06.56 schrieb Thomas C. Greene :
> Popular Net anonymity service back-doored
> Fed-up Feds get court order
> http://theregister.co.uk/content/55/32450.html

Please see the news release of the AN.ON project:
http://www.datenschutzzentrum.de/material/themen/presse/anonip_e.htm

"... Since it is not permissive to release information about current
proceedings according to German law, the project partners did not inform
the public at first. Based on the fact that the developed software has
been released in the source code since the beginning of the Open Source
Project, also the implemented recording function was of course released.
..."

Andreas

---