FC: Update on Raisethefist.com creator Sherman Austin, now in prison

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 23:28:16 PDT

    From: "Bodhi Man" <bodhimanat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Cc: jyaat_private
    Subject: sherman watch
    Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:36:54 +0000

    on august 29 zach de la rocha former lead singer of rage against the
    machine appeared at che cafe on the UCSD campus for a concert benefitting
    sherman austin / raisethefist.com.  local bands and hundreds of people
    showed up enabling sherman to pay off his court ordered fines (about
    $2,000). the capacity of the building was 250 and about 450 showed up with
    many people being turned away.

    sherman surrendered to fed custody a week later on sept 4 at the roybal
    federal building.  he spent a few weeks in san bernardino county jail and
    on sept 12 was transferred to oklahoma. according to shermans girlfriend,
    he saw his transfer papers and he says he is headed for tuscon, arizona next.
    Looks like he is getting a dose of diesal therapy.......

    ---