[Politech] Request for comments on challenge-response antispam protocol [spam]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 17:49:35 PDT

    Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:26:10 -0400
    From: Yakov Shafranovich <research@private>
    Subject: For Politech - spam - Draft Protocol for challenge / response
    systems and Consent
    To: declan@private

    Hi Declan,

    You covered challenge / response systems in the past on PolitechBot. I
    wanted to point you to a recent Internet draft published by our group that
    proposes a protocol that allows C/R systems to talk to each other. The
    original announcement is here:

    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf-announce/Current/msg26214.html
    https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg07364.html

    We are looking to create a larger "consent exchange" protocol based on this
    draft, that can allow receivers and senders to exchange their consent for
    email with any tool, not just C/R systems. This is inline with our charter
    (http://www.irtf.org/charters/asrg.html), that looks at spam as a "consent"
    problem. This CRI protocol is one of the building blocks of the overall
    "consent" system.

    Sincerely,
    Yakov Shafranovich
    Co-Chair, ASRG