[Politech] Charles Platt on spam from Yahoo? or not? [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 05:35:19 PDT

    [Another explanation is that spammers are employing a dictionary attack.
    Without knowing what email address Charles obtained we don't know, but it's
    conceivable that if he was lucky enough to get, say, charles100@private,
    it would be trivially discoverable by spammers who send to charles1@,
    charles2@ until they get a bounce. This is another reason to avoid msn.com,
    yahoo.com, aol.com, and preferably buy your own domain name. --Declan]

    ---