[Politech] ACLU paper on "The MATRIX: TIA Reloaded" (not the movie) [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 13:17:12 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:11:05 -0500
    From: Barry Steinhardt <BSteinhardt@private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>
    Subject: The MATRIX: TIA Reloaded

    Declan,

    Politech readers may be interested in an "issue brief" we've just released
    on "MATRIX, -- Total Information Awareness Reloaded." The Matirx is the
    state level data-mining program being funded by the Federal Government,
    which bears a striking similarity to the now defunct TIA.  We've also
    filed "Freedom of Information Act" requests with five states and the
    Federal Government seeking the details about the program.

    http://www.aclu.org/Privacy/Privacy.cfm?ID=14240&c=130

    Regards,

    Barry Steinhardt

    Director Technology and Liberty Program
    American Civil Liberties Union
    125 Broad Street,NYC 10004
    212 549 2508 (v) 212 549 2629 (fax) 917 349 4893 (mobile)
    BSteinhardt@private