[Politech] Bill Purdy, back in action, sued by Planned Parenthood [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 15:41:53 PST

My very quick read of the complaint is that it accuses Purdy of registering
teenwire.biz and teenwire.info. Planned Parenthood runs operates.com and
owns the trademark on the word.

Teenwire.info redirects to http://www.savebaby.com/ppfa.htm and includes a
disclaimer and a link to the official site. Underneath that disclaimer is a
"Planned Parenthood: Fetal Assassination" logo and HTML that is borrowed
from plannedparethood.com. Teenwire.biz does not redirect and does not
include a disclaimer.

Planned Parenthood is making the usual claims in SDNY and asking for an
injunction against Purdy and co-defendants.

Here's a copy of the Planned Parenthood complaint:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/purdy.planned.parenthood.103103.pdf

When last we heard from Purdy:
http://www.politechbot.com/pipermail/politech/2003-October/000101.html