[Politech] Short story on Postal Service from Freedom! Magazine [priv][fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 05:21:02 PST

    Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:58:18 -0600
    From: "Carl Bussjaeger" <cwb@private>
    To: "Declan McCullagh" <declan@private>
    Subject: Re: [Politech] Gabe Goldberg on sending U.S. mail anonymously
       [fs][priv]

    Hi Declan,

    As people debate the viability of the US Posties' tracking each and every
    individual mailed item, I thought you might enjoy a little laugh, a short
    story published in Doing Freedom! Magazine's premier issue (way back before
    I became the editor) three years ago: "Postage Due".

    http://www.doingfreedom.com/gen/preview/postagedue.html

    I intended this piece as humor, but enough people took it seriously that
    I've been told I may have inadvertently triggered one iteration of the 602P
    (email postage) urban legend. Go figure. <g>

        Carl Bussjaeger
          Telecommunications Technician:
             http://www.gbronline.com/cwb/samizdat/resume.htm
        Net Assets: The science fiction thriller. How far
        would you go for cheap access to orbit?
        Prometheus Award nominee, Free-Market.net
        Freedom Book of the Month, and Rational Review
        Featured Selection.
                   http://www.netassetsbook.com