[Politech] Responses to attempt to put backdoor in Linux kernel

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 21:36:55 PST

    Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:45:22 -0500
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>
    From: "Robert E. Jones, III" <rjones@private>
    Subject: Re: [Politech] How a backdoor in the Linux kernel was
       thwarted, from RISKS

    Declan  -  Long time politech member but only the second time I have
    written about an article.

    Not to nit-pick on an otherwise fine email, but the poster is somewhat
    wrong in that at least News.com picked up on the story
    http://news.com.com/2100-7355-5103670.html  I consider News.com to be
    fairly "mainstream" even if not one of the larger news organizations.

    Of course, Slashdot picked up on it and frankly, if you go just on sheer
    number of hits, Slashdot is about as mainstream as it
    gets.  http://slashdot.org/articles/03/11/06/058249.shtml?tid=106&tid=185

    Thanks

    Rob Jones

    ---