[Politech] Request for help in suing the pants off of 132 spammers [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 07:06:01 PST

    Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:42:28 -0500 (EST)
    From: "Matthew G. Saroff" <msaroff@private>
    To: declan@private
    Subject: Lawyers to handle private causes of action against major spammers

    According to the ROKSO database at spamhaus.org
    (http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/index.lasso), only 200 Known Spam
    Operations responsible for 90% of your Spam.

    I quick perusal of this list shows that 132 of these 200 are in the US,
    and 9 are in Canada.

    I am looking to set up a foundation (I have founded a non-profit, tax
    exempt 501(c)3 before, so the paperwork is familiar to me) and collect
    donations to hire a lawyer to go after these guys (using NAFTA provisions
    in the case of the Canadians).

    I was wondering who the subscribers to Politech might recommend?

    I'm looking for the stereotypical "Relentless Attack Dog" lawyer with a
    solid technical background.

    --
    Matthew Saroff