[Politech] FBI demands Las Vegas guest lists -- with no court order [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 15:47:47 PST

    Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:49:16 -0500
    From: DaPerlGuy@private (Jim Pfleger)
    To: dave@private, declan@private
    Subject: FBI demands Las Vegas guest lists

    Gents-

    Citing only national security, and without a warrant or subpoena, the FBI
    has demanded the guest lists from Las Vegas hotels for the New Year's
    holiday. All but one has complied. (I'd like to know which one, since
    that's where I'll be staying from now on.)

    Also note in the article that the request went to "major hotels", as if
    terrorists are above staying in an off-strip roach motel.

    http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=811136&tw=wn_wire_story

    Regards,
    Jim Pfleger