[Politech] Clark supporter replies to Politech over privacy and Axciom [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 09:30:45 PST

    Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:37:31 -0500 (EST)
    From: David Sewell <dsewell@private>
    To: declan@private
    Subject: Re: Wesley Clark sought presidency as lobbyist for Axciom

    This is fairly old news; the media covered his connection with Acxiom
    when Clark resigned from the board of directions last October. And
    at the time John Edwards and I believe Joe Lieberman raised "concerns"
    about Gen. Clark's stand on privacy issues as a result.

    Some response from Clark supporters:

     http://blogs.salon.com/0002556/2003/09/28.html

     http://blog.forclark.com/story/2003/12/11/15514/136

    As a Clark supporter myself, I'd be disingenuous to claim that Clark is a
    hard-core fundamentalist on privacy rights. He's not a libertarian, nor
    does he claim to be. But I think his stated positions on the Patriot Act and
    government interference in private affairs compare favorably with those
    of the other Democratic candidates.

    David Sewell
    Charlottesville, Virginia