[Politech] A reply to f--kamerica.us and free speech rights [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 23:24:04 PST

    Subject: Re: [Politech] F--kamerica.us owner wants to sue Neustar to
    keep anti-Bush website [fs]
    Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:58:34 -0800
    From: Ezekiel Krahlin <ezekielk@private>
    To: declan@private
    CC: keith.kimmel@private

    On Saturday, March 20, 2004 Keith W. Kimmel posted:

    <<
    Do either of you know of a good lawyer for free speech cases? I mean a
    damn good one. Because I would be declaring war on the entire country,
    the GOP,
    the so-called Patriots and possibly even individual congressmen and Bush
    himself. I think I am sitting on one of the biggest online free speech cases

    I got your request on the Politech List. Don't know if this will help,
    however:

    I was embroiled for a while, in 1998, with keeping my gay parody of
    Peanuts on my website. For the complete story, see:

    http://www.gay-bible.org/schulz/index_schulz.htm

    The attorneys quickly backed off, shortly after I got full support from
    the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (CBLDF); and after I created my
    "Schulz" page, showing the world I KNOW what my rights are, as a parody
    author. Since you use "fuck" in your title, you might defend your right
    by claiming parody. Or perhaps you can use a new URL with "screw"
    instead...and test them for their honesty, as that word is NOT listed
    under the forbidden "dirty" word list.

    On my Schulz page, there is this section:

    Legal Counsel & Communique
    http://www.gay-bible.org/schulz/counsel.htm

    There, you can read my correspondence with the CBLDF, which may or may
    not help your particular case. Their website is:

    http://www.cbldf.org/

    I'm hoping that CBLDF can either defend you directly, or give you some
    excellent referrals. Otherwise--being the smallfry I am in this global
    pool of Internet rights--I don't think I can be of any further help.

    Best of luck in your worthy struggle, keith!

    --
    Vote for me in double-oh-four,
    Or brownshirts will bang down your door!