[Politech] Replies to HHS announces program to implant RFID tags in homeless

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 11:22:41 PST

    Subject: [Apr1st?] HHS announces program to implant RFID tags in homeless
    Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:24:19 -0600
    From: Parks <parks@private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>, hclp@private

    >[This is a joke... I hope! --Declan]

    I think not.

    What's not a joke is that animal implants were used in humans in SE Asia
    (Can't remember where - Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia?)  to track poor
    women who had birth control implants. Sorry I don't have a reference since
    I read it several years ago.

    I know this is Apr. 1st, but there was a re-authorization bill for the PATH
    program, so it does exist  I couldn't find the original authorization Bill
    for PATH but its on the HHS web search. Also they have a HMIS (Homeless
    Management Information System) see EPIC. None of this is shocking from the
    New World Orderers. www.epic.org - search homeless, HMIS, RFID

    Since the homeless may need medical care, and sometimes get state benefits,
    they need identification they don't carry around. So HHS may want to put an
    ID chip in them like a dog at the vet or the women aforementioned.