[Politech] Politech this week

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 15:31:35 PDT

    I'm a bit behind on Politech because I'm spending this week as a speaker
    at the Conference on World Affairs in Boulder, Colorado:
    http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/

    It's an odd and somewhat overwhelming event, with hundreds of speakers
    and panels to choose from. Tim Long, for instance, is the co-executive
    producer of The Simpsons and spoke yesterday at the same time as film
    critic Roger Ebert. (Long said, BTW, that the reason President Bush
    has not been satirized as much as Clinton on the show is that an
    appearance on the Simpsons is a kind of "homage" to a person, and Bush
    is enough of a joke as-is.)

    If you're in Boulder or Denver feel free to stop by (literally-- the
    conference is open to the public at no charge):
    http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/cgi-bin/list_sched.cgi?panelist=481&year=2004