[Politech] Jim Harper on HIPAA medical regulations: Where's the beef?

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 21:31:04 PDT

    [I am not a HIPAA expert, thank goodness. I do not know if Peter or Jim
    is correct. But I do know enough about regulation to know that HIPAA
    comes with a real price tag. It is reasonable to ask its supporters to
    quantify the (ephemeral?) benefits to see if they outweigh the (real)
    cost. Otherwise why should it stay on the books? --Declan]