[Politech] Brad Templeton's solid analysis of Gmail, webmail privacy [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 06:48:32 PDT

    [It seems to me that Brad is being kind here by not denouncing the
    privacy fundamentalists for trying to ban Google's Gmail in its current
    form. It is true that there are potential costs of using Gmail for email
    storage (just as there are costs of using your own laptop for that
    purpose). The question is whether consumers should have the right to
    make that choice and balance the tradeoffs, or whether it will be
    preemptively denied to them by privacy fundamentalists out to deny
    consumers that choice. --Declan]