[Politech] California's Sen. Feinstein no longer accepts email [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 22:00:32 PDT

    Subject: Feinstein no longer accepts Email
    Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
    From: James Ausman <ausman@private>
    To: declan@private
    CC: ausman@private

    Declan,

    I tried to email Sen. Feinstein to express my displeasure with her
    sponsorship
    of "The Gang Prevention and Effective Deterrence Act of 2003" (S. 1735)
    which would criminalize free association.

    This is the reply I got back:

    ---

    I am constantly upgrading the technology my office uses to
    best serve the people of California.  Unfortunately, due to the volume
    of mail I receive and security concerns, my email system does not
    accept messages sent from third parties or websites other than my
    official Senate website.  If you wish to send me your personalized
    message via the internet, please use the email form on my website:
    http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html.

    ---

    Another bit of evidence of how spam and viruses are ruining Email as
    an effective form of communication.

    Cheers,
    Jim Ausman