[Politech] Mass. governor apparently delights in censoring his constitutents [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 22:16:37 PDT

    Subject: For Politech? Romney event policy: no "literature" allowed.
    Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:48:15 -0700
    From: Thomas Leavitt <thomas@private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

    ... where does the slippery slope of "legitimate" security limitations end?
    How much control over public appearances do our elected and appointed
    officials deserve? Is it appropriate for public officials to "script" their
    appearances such that visible signs (literally and figurative) of dissent
    are suppressed?

    At the very least, the literature restriction described below strikes me as
    absurd and not serving of any public purpose.

    Regards,
    Thomas Leavitt