[Politech] Two anti-spam technologies converge: SPF and Microsoft's Caller ID [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 21:35:07 PDT

    Subject: breaking news: SPF and Caller-ID convergence begins
    Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:52:06 -0400 (EDT)
    From: mengwong@private (Meng Weng Wong)

    In case you're still following the SPF / Caller-ID situation with
    sender authentication...

    Microsoft will put out an official press release later today or
    tomorrow but I thought you might like a heads-up.

    The main news is that as a result of MAAWG and MARID meetings last
    week we think we have found a way to converge the two specs.

    I have a few links under "Fast Facts" at http://www.mengwong.com/ you
    can look at.

    Technical details are at
    http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss@private/200405/0276.html

    Basically the good news is that we're trying to give people the best
    of both worlds.