[Politech] U.N. bureaucrats want to help you reduce your spam [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 22:15:44 PDT

[I don't know enough about what happened at the UN meeting to have any
specific reaction (I wasn't at this one). My general feeling is that
improving government cooperation against spammers is likely to do more
good than harm, and the UN is one potential vehicle for it. Then again,
the number of spammers blocked or put out of business by any government
anywhere seems tiny. We don't have time to wait a decade or even five
years for a international anti-spam treaty. Technical countermeasures
including domainkeys/SPF are by far the quickest and most efficient ways
of dealing with spam right now. --Declan]