[Politech] Inst. for Humane Studies gives $$$ for environmental film/art

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 21:54:31 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IHS Environmental Art/Film Contest
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:18:09 -0400
From: Max Borders <info@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan.mccullagh@private>

Declan

This is Max Borders at aBetterEarth.org, a project of the Institute for
Humane Studies. I may have sent you information about some of our
environmental programs in the past, since I think your blog, like our
website, is open to innovative approaches to environmental challenges,
including utilizing market solutions and property rights.

I think your audience might be interested in our latest art/film
contest. We are conducting an “EnviroAds” contest to encourage
innovative thinking about the environmental challenges we face. We are
looking for clever, outside the box thinking about some very old problems.

Here’s a description of the contest you could pass along:

$6,000 Enviro-Ads Film/Art Contest
A total of $6,000 in awards will be given to the creators of the best
EnviroAds, as determined both by visitors to aBetterEarth.org website
and by our distinguished panel of judges. Create and submit an ad that's
funny, satirical, creative, inspiring, ironic, sexy or dramatic. Win the
top prize of $3,000, or one of the runners-up prizes of between $250 and
$1,000.

We're looking for original material that causes people to think about
environmental issues in different ways. The goal is not persuasion per
se, but to start a conversation. Make us think. Make us cry. Make us
laugh out loud. For contest details, go
herehttp://www.abetterearth.org/enviroads.

Deadline for submission is September 30, 2004. Winners will be announced
in October.

If you have any questions, please contact Max Borders at
info@private

Thank you very much, and good luck with your writing.

Sincerely,
Max Borders
aBetterEarth.org