[Politech] Apple Computer's statement on RealNetworks and iPod [ip]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 21:56:43 PDT

For background:
http://news.com.com/RealNetworks+breaks+Apple%27s+hold+on+iPod/2100-1027_3-5282063.html?tag=nefd.pop

---

Apple Statement
Thursday July 29, 8:31 am ET

CUPERTINO, Calif., July 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Apple today
released the following statement:

We are stunned that RealNetworks has adopted the tactics and ethics of a
hacker to break into the iPod(r), and we are investigating the
implications of their actions under the DMCA and other laws. We strongly
caution Real and their customers that when we update our iPod software
from time to time it is highly likely that Real's Harmony technology
will cease to work with current and future iPods.

NOTE: Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac, Mac OS and iPod are either
registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple. Other company and product
names may be trademarks of their respective owners.