[Politech] "God help us if the Democrats find out, " GOP emails say?

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 04:25:33 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: "God help us if the Democrats find out."
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:21:00 -0500
From: Jules Siegel <jules_siegel@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Secret GOP e-mails land on Democratic site

<www.georgewbush.org/deadletteroffice>

GeorgeWBush.org (a Democratic parody site) recently noticed that its
mail server had been quietly gathering erroneously addressed  Bush
campaign e-mails for several months. The letters are now viewable on
their site at <www.georgewbush.org/deadletteroffice>. Some were used by
Greg Palast in his Oct. 26 BBC Newsnight investigation on Republican
plans to obstruct voting
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/3956129.stm>.

[Excerpt]