[Politech] Two followups about Ogrish.com banned in Spain [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 20:33:34 PST

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Politech] Explanation about why Ogrish.com may or may not
be banned [fs]
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:43:10 +0100
From: MDoval BC <mdoval@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Hi Declan,

the site is banned if you want to access to it from the Telefonica's
network but not from other Spanish carriers. For example, last Thursday
I visited it from the Rediris network which is the public universities
network from Spain. That means that a government network didn't follow
the judge order :o) or actually the police didn't even try it. You can
read my post (in Spanish) about it at
http://www.internetpolitica.com/archivos/000251.html and
http://www.internetpolitica.com/archivos/000250.html

Some people left comments saying they could visit the site from
Retevision or cable networks so I guess the police just got the big
chunk (Telefonica) and forgot about the rest.

Montse Doval