[Politech] Two replies to Michigan "cracker" receives record prison term

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 21:03:57 PST

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2004/12/22/michigan-cracker-receives/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Politech] Michigan "cracker" receives record prison term
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:40:29 -0500 (EST)
From: Paul Jones <pjones@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

a couple of brief corrections and/or additions:
the judge is "Lacy Thornburg" not "Thornburgh" as AP reports. useful if
you want to see his other cases and upcoming sentences etc.
Brian Salcedo is not a first time offender. at 17 he cracked arbornet and
the university of maryland and became the first to be arrested in michigan
for cracking.
http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/netsec/2000-09/msg00009.html
http://ibiblio.org/pjones/wordpress/index.php?p=167

                              Paul Jones
  "Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
                 http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
   pjones@private   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071