[Politech] Investors that are funding spyware, from Ben Edelman [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 21:06:26 PST

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Investors Supporting Spyware
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:41:33 -0500
From: Ben Edelman <edelman@private>
To: 'Declan McCullagh' <declan@private>

Declan,

I thought you might get a kick out of a page I just posted.  I've made a
list of major US companies in the spyware business as I define it (tracking
and/or collecting sensitive information, either without notice and consent
or without meaningful notice and informed consent), along with the investors
who have provided these companies with, by my count, at least $139 million
of venture funding.

   Investors Supporting Spyware
   <http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/investors/>

Ben