[Politech] Teacher recorded mistreating child; school bans videophones [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 20:15:50 PST

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050301/NEWS/503010489/1070

"We as a Board of Education realize that we are ushering a new era
and will be forced to review our policies and perhaps enforce a more
stringent districtwide policy regarding electronic recording devices in
the classroom," Seidenberger added. Strano said each school in the district
has a policy prohibiting the use of wireless phones in school during school hours.

In the statement, Seidenberger said he may ask the school board to adopt a
stricter policy. He also said he may ask the board to consider
developing a policy regarding unauthorized taping.

According to at least one Web site, students knew Mantel "was gonna go
nuts because he frequently used to" over disrespect for the anthem,
and that the students brought the camera into the classroom "to expose
the teacher in case he did anything again."

 <http://tinyurl.com/6duke>