[Politech] Canadian government can't enforce publication ban, thanks to Net [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 20:37:38 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Canadian government burned again by attempt at publicaton ban
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:40:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Abdul <all_new_abdul@private>
To: declan@private, dave@private

And to think it only took about four days...it took four months for the
Karla Homolka ban to be broken by the net in 1993!  How times change...

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2005/04/04/981891-sun.html

AdScam leak on web
U.S. BLOGGER BREACHES PUBLICATION BAN
By STEPHANIE RUBEC, SENIOR POLITICAL REPORTER

AN AMERICAN website has breached the publication ban protecting a Montreal
ad exec's explosive and damning testimony at the AdScam inquiry. The U.S.
blogger raised the ire of the Gomery commission this weekend by publishing
extracts from testimony given in secret by Jean Brault last Thursday.

[snip]

Here is the "rumour and speculation" about alleged Gomery testimony:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004220.php

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004222.php

As we have no idea if the above information is accurate, I doubt anyone
could be charged with violating the ban in Canada, as the banned testomony
would then have to be released under disclosure requirements.  They are in
a real catch-22 here.

Abdul