[Politech] Idiot politico watch: Tom Delay thinks Supreme Court should be unwired [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 19:51:58 PDT

In fine bipartisan fashion, first it was braggart Al Gore:
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president.2000/transcript.gore/
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative
in creating the Internet."

Then Hillary Clinton and Rick Lazio fell for the bill "602p" hoax:

Now it's Rep. Tom Delay:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2002246730_delay20.html
"Absolutely. We've got Justice Kennedy writing decisions based upon
international law, not the Constitution of the United States? That's
just outrageous," DeLay told Fox News Radio. "And not only that, but he
said in session that he does his own research on the Internet? That is
just incredibly outrageous."

Orin Kerr's take:
http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2005_04_17-2005_04_23.shtml#1113957118
"What's next? I fully expect DeLay to introduce H.R. 8615, The Stop
Anthony Kennedy From Using the Internet Act of 2005. Stay tuned."